Nikon educational DSLR video tutorial gets you started shooting video with your DSLR camera:
There’s an art and a science to creating great cinema. You bring the art, we’ll help explain the science.
In this newest DSLR Video Tutorial series, “HD-SLR Video Tips,” Nikon presents tips and techniques to assist you as you build upon/expand your HD-SLR cinematography skills. If you are brand new to filming or simply just don’t know where to start, we’re here to help take the fear out of video capture. Or maybe you have the basics mastered but you’re looking to increase your skill set. Either way, there’s always something new to learn as technology evolves.
This collection of videos is quick and to the point—each two-minute video walks the viewer through a single tip or technique in step-by-step fashion that is easy to understand. Topics will range from white balance, composition, depth of field, audio (from beginner to advanced), to lighting techniques and more. If you’d like to read more about these topics click through to our Learn & Explore articles listed below:
- DSLR Video Tips: Getting Started
- DSLR Video Tips: Moviemaking 101 – 6 Tips On How To Make A Video
- DSLR Video Tips: Focusing – How to Film Using Autofocus, Rack Focus and Manual Focus Techniques
- DSLR Video Tips: How to Record Audio – Tutorial on Audio Basics
- DSLR Video Tips: Different Types of Microphones: Audio Recording Tutorial
- DSLR Video Tips: How to Set White Balance for Video
- DSLR Video Tips: Video Composition Rules: Establishing, Medium and Close-up Shots
- DSLR Video Tips: How to Use Aperture and ND Filters to Control the Depth-of-Field in Movies
- DSLR Video Tips: Camera Support Tips for Shooting Steady Video
- DSLR Video Tips: Professional Video Camera Equipment for Your DSLR
- DSLR Video Tips: Introduction to Three-Point Lighting & Other Video Lighting Techniques
- DSLR Video Tips: Introduction to ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed & Other Advanced Settings for DSLR Video
Enjoy watching from a large screen monitor or your mobile device, and be sure to check back often–new videos are added regularly.
Have a cool video project you’d like to tell us about? Tell us all about it here.